Maximum Precision, Minimal CT Data Set Sizes
VGMETROLOGY is made for metrologists. Our universal metrology solution turns your computed tomography (CT) scanner into a comprehensive and precise metrology device.
- Full-featured. VGMETROLOGY offers you the full metrology-related functionality of VGSTUDIO MAX including GD&T functionality.
- Uncompromisingly accurate. VGMETROLOGY gives you the complete picture of all object surfaces – and saves it in the very compact .mvgl format.
- Universal. VGMETROLOGY works natively on voxel, point cloud, mesh, and CAD data.
- Easy-to-use. The focused range of functionality makes VGMETROLOGY easily accessible for new users.
- Seamless. You can exchange files between VGMETROLOGY and other Volume Graphics products of the same generation.
- Affordable. VGMETROLOGY costs significantly less than a comparably equipped VGSTUDIO MAX.
The Volume Graphics Metrology Kernel in VGMETROLOGY (Windows 64 bit) has been verified by the Physikalisch- Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB).*
* PTB (Germany’s national metrology institute) tested the algorithms based on the minimum-zone method (“Chebyshev”) and on the least-squares method (“Gauss”). These algorithms are used for coordinate measurement in VGMETROLOGY.
- All editions of VGMETROLOGY cost significantly less than a comparably equipped VGSTUDIO MAX.
- Stand-alone edition VGMETROLOGY: Works with files that your CT scanner has generated (without prior surface determination).
- Essential edition VGMETROLOGY ES: Determine the surface within VGSTUDIO MAX, save the project as a .vgl or .mvgl file, and open this file in VGMETROLOGY ES (except for surface determination, VGMETROLOGY and VGMETROLOGY ES are identical).
- Viewer application VGMETROLOGY VIEWER: View projects saved in the .mvgl format, change the alignment of objects, and add basic measurements